Help-Portrait is a worldwide movement of photographers using their time, equipment, and expertise to give back to people less fortunate during the holiday season. It happens on the same day (first Saturday of December), once a year, across the world! http://help-portrait.com/
Greater Cedar Rapids Help-Portrait is a local group bringing together Cedar Rapids area studio photographers, photo enthusiasts, make-up stylists, and many other community volunteers to assist those in need here in our community by providing free holiday portraits. We at Greater Cedar Rapids Help-Portrait are proud to be a part of the world-wide Help-Portrait movement.
Greater Cedar Rapids Help-Portrait works with local community service organizations to find families in need, and that list includes:
- Young Parents Network (YPN)
- Area Substance Abuse Council (ASAC)
- St Paul’s United Methodist Church – African Nationals Ministries
- First Presbyterian Sunday Evening Meals
- Veterans Community Resource Center
- Loaves & Fishes
- Jane Boyd Community House
- Power of Women & Children
- The Arc of East Central Iowa
- House of Hope
- Willis Dady Homeless Services
- Mission of Hope
- Tanager Place
- Catholic Worker House
- His Hands Free Clinic
If your community service organization is not listed here, ask them to contact us, and we will be glad to add them to our list!
Each participating family is offered:
- A FREE photo 20-minute session with a studio photographer
- One FREE framed 8” X 10” portrait & three FREE 4” X 5” pictures
- A FREE USB drive containing the pictures from the session
- Plus a written statement giving them the copyrights to print any of those images anywhere they want.
Who do we need?
Volunteers – Have you been looking for a way to give back to the community?
Would you like to combine your passion for photography with helping others?
Consider volunteering your skills and time on Saturday, December 1, 2018 to the Greater Cedar Rapids Area Help-Portrait event. We will be giving about 400 less fortunate individuals/families of the greater Cedar Rapids area the ability to get high-quality professional photos.
Types of volunteers?
- Assistant Photographers
- Photo Editors
- Hair Stylists
- Make-up Artists
- Family Guides
- General Volunteers
What do we need?
- Support from area community service agencies to help us locate families in need.
- Some financial support to host the event to buy: frames, printing materials, general supplies, food, etc. We operate on a small budget and 100% goes to the families in need.
- Stuffed Toys to help entertain the children and food to entertain the families while they wait.